Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yes, I Can Read


As started earlier, Nails and I are reading whole books now. The last book I finished was maybe the best thing I have ever read. Dixieland Delight by Clay Travis was simply amazing. I literally could not put it down. Nails called me a homo because I could not stop reading it . The almost 400 pages flew by in 3 or 4 days because it was so good. The book tells of Travis' travels to each SEC school during one football season. In the funniest way imaginable, he told of southern tradition. Traditions like good looking southern women, cold beer, good food, southern hospitality, and obviously football. A lawyer from Tennessee, Travis had a connection with someone at each school, and went to each game with no tickets, and no plan. In the book he tells of his different experiences, good and bad, and ranks the different schools in different categories. Clearly in his South Carolina trip he went to Sticky Fingers in Chucktown where he was amazed at the availability of Mello Yello, and the tastiness of the ribs. This is hard is write because I loved the book so much , it is hard to say too much about it . To recap, it's about the south, the ladies, booze, and football, in the funniest way imaginable. Read this book ASAP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know, "nails" told me only losers like me read.
welcome to the club boys.